If you’re anything like me, over the last couple of years you’re starting to get a little white couch envy. It seems like every living room I obsess over these days looks nothing like my own (I happen to own two very over-sized brown leather couches). My eyes are drawn to the relaxed look of those natural linen couches, or the beautiful creamy nail-studded ones that seem to go with everything and lighten up every room.
Replacing or recovering my dark leather couches is not an option. They really are beautiful couches and at the end of the day I still love them, they just don’t seem to be whats “trending” at the moment. So while I’ve been on my own hunt for brown couch inspiration, I figured it would be a good time to share some of the photos and ideas I have found around the web in hopes to inspire someone else to once again love your brown couches and give them a modern edge.
1. Bring in a colorful ascent
2. Keep things more monochromatic with pops of ivory and cream
3. Mix in metals and different textures of woods to create a rustic/industrial feel.
4. Embrace the green and bring in some nature via plants or prints
5. Add in some animal prints or fur which can be a perfect compliment to rich brown leather.
As you probably noticed, a lot of these concepts layered on top of each other which is a perfect. I’ve recently started to implement some of these ideas into my own space